You are invited to the first Green Family Fun Day, hosted by the CMBA’s Green Initiative Committee. Saturday, June 13 at 10 a.m. at the CMBA Conference Center.
Bring your family and friends to this FREE event, including complimentary:
Movie showing of “The Lorax” in the new CMBA movie theater with pizza, popcorn, games, and prizes!
Come join us with your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, and friends for fun, food and learning! Learn tips for greening your family’s lifestyle and – as we are reminded by The Lorax – to help protect our environment.
All are welcome. Walk-ins accepted, but registration appreciated to firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 696-3525.
Sponsorship opportunities available. We thank our current sponsors for making this event possible: Cady Reporting Services, Inc.; Thomson Reuters; and Avalon Document Services.
Learn more about the event and sponsorship at CleMetroBar.org/Green.
Cady Reporting has gone green! We have been officially certified as a green business by the CMBA. As the first court reporting firm in Ohio to do so, we understand that our business practices have a direct impact on the environment. That is why it is so important to us that we employ sustainable business practices. This will ensure that the imprint of Cady Reporting is reduced starting today for future generations to come.
Here are some of the things we are excited about:
- Our new repository system cuts out the need for excess paper. If you would like to learn more about this new system, please email our Client Services representative, Chris Hanwell for a brief tutorial.
- We recycle paper, plastic, glass & aluminum
- We ship back our toner cartridges to be recycled or remanufactured
- We use 50% recycled paper, and promote paperless practices
- We use rechargeable batteries
- Our employees carpool together
- We have an incentive program to take public transportation
- We have eliminated inter-office paperwork by replacing it with electronic formats
- We recycle and reuse all of our shipping packaging
- We purchase reusable rather than disposable items (dishware, whiteboards, etc.)
- Our office equipment is EnergyStar certified
- The windows in our offices are equipped with film and shades to reduce solar heat
- It is office policy that lights and computers are turned off when not in use
These are only a few of the sustainable practices that we are putting to work at Cady Reporting Services. We welcome your questions and comments. Please do not hesitate to email our Client Services representative, Michelle Cook.
Join us to make a difference.
article by Michelle Cady-Cook. She is the Director of Marketing and part owner of Cady Reporting (a WBENC company) that covers litigation support work in the State of Ohio. She is a sustaining member of the Cleveland Association of Paralegals and is currently serving as Immediate Past Chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Green Initiative Committee and member of the CMBA Affiliate Working Committee. Michelle chairs the Follow Up Committee for the National Network Reporting Company (NNRC). She has been officially involved in the legal community for over 10 years, and ‘unofficially’ involved for over 30. Within the framework of Cady Reporting Services, she partners with locally owned court reporting firms across the country to continually improve the practice of litigation.
Cady Reporting Services is located at 1468 W. 9th St. Cleveland, OH 44113. Our court reporters and videographers personally serve the state of Ohio, and we daily schedule court reporters and other litigation support services through our partners in the NNRC. The National Network of Reporting Companies is your personal connection to coverage wherever and whenever you need it.