Welcome to the dining room at Cady Reporting, where our staff masters the kitchen! Much like court reporting, cooking takes preparation, skill, and confidence. Over the next few months, our court reporters and staff will show that their on-point skills are well up to the task of both court reporting and cooking. Stay tuned to the blog for more delicious recipes for all occasions you can master in your own kitchen.
This recipe comes from one of our reporters, Katrina Dearborn. Katrina says, “Almost ten years ago I went to lunch with a client. This was the dish I ordered. I analyzed it and kept tasting for flavor. After a few days went by I decided to try to replicate the recipe….this was before recipes were readily available online. I made it and everyone in my family loved it. It became a favorite in my household. I make mine a little spicy because we love spicy.”
Katrina’s Jerk Chicken Pasta
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 5 pounds chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 1 pound dried bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Toss chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons jerk seasoning.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in diced peppers, onion and garlic. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in chicken. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Shake half and half and Parmesan cheese together. Reduce heat and stir in half and half, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining tablespoon of jerk seasoning. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in drained pasta. Toss to combine. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Click on the links below for other amazing recipes by our Cady staff!
Article written by Michelle Cady-Cook. She is the Director of Marketing and part owner of Cady Reporting (a WBENC company). She is a sustaining member of the Cleveland Association of Paralegals, and is currently serving as Chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Green Initiative Committee and Chair of the Follow Up Committee for the National Network of Reporting Companies (NNRC). She has been officially involved in the legal community for over 10 years. Within the framework of Cady Reporting Services, she partners with locally owned court reporting firms across the country to continually improve the practice of litigation.
Cady Reporting Services is located at 1468 W. 9th St. Cleveland, OH 44113. Our court reporters and videographers personally serve the state of Ohio, and we daily schedule court reporters and other litigation support services through our partners in the NNRC. The National Network of Reporting Companies is your personal connection to coverage wherever and whenever you need it.