Preparing for Remote Depositions
Offering Remote Depositions for All Attorneys
Cady Reporting offers the latest in state-of-the-art realtime reporting, legal video, trial support and conference hosting!
Prepare Your Team for a Remote Deposition
Because of the global pandemic, legal professionals across the world have turned to remote work in order to keep everyone safe and healthy while continuing their work. Now, more than ever, our videoconferencing and remote deposition services are vastly important. Before hosting your next remote deposition, read these tips below to ensure it is a success.
Before the Deposition
- Inform everyone involved (including witnesses and opposing counsel) that you would like to conduct a remote deposition.
- Contact your Cleveland court reporting firm to let them know you’d like to set up a remote deposition– they will take care of the rest.
- Email any and all documents and exhibits to all involved parties (including your court reporter).
- Make sure you say on the record that the deposition will be conducted remotely, and that the oath will be administered remotely.
Tips for Technology
- Use a device with a good built-in webcam and microphone, or use an external webcam and microphone.
- Make sure you have a high-speed internet connection.
- If your audio test reveals problems, you can call into the call with the number provided by the videoconferencing platform.
- Close any browsers or programs you have open that you might need to avoid lag in your stream.
Rules to Remember for all Depositions
Many of these rules apply even to in-person depositions, but all are good to keep in mind.
- Allow your court reporter the chance to gather all appearances before beginning.
- Provide a list of keywords and phrases (companies, streets, names, etc) to your court reporter to make sure everything is spelled correctly.
- Do not speak over another person, and speak slowly and clearly.
- Mute your microphone if you are not speaking to avoid excess background noise.
- Before hanging up, give your court reporter the chance to clarify any confusions.
Schedule a Service!
Our Cleveland, Ohio Offices
Western Reserve Building
1468 West 9th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
Cleveland, Ohio Court Reporters
Cleveland Legal and Court Reporting News
Upper Back and Neck One of the most common trigger points *happens in our upper back/neck area. If you want to be fancy, they are called musculus trapezius. This painful area is one of the most common causes of headaches as well. To release this pressure point, sit in...
When David Bowie’s hit “Changes” hit the charts in 1972, there’s no way he or we could foresee exactly what ch-ch-ch-changes were coming our way. From the papyrus of Egyptian scriveners to the wax tablets of Roman record writers to the feathered fountain pens of...
As legal professionals everywhere return to their physical offices after months of working from home, they are having to re-learn how to resume work while keeping safe. "Business as usual" is not "usual" anymore, and we have to adapt to keep our co-workers, clients,...
Do you have an internet connection and a webcam? (Or another internet-capable device?) Then you are ready for your deposition! You can experience a life-like deposition while staying safe and comfortable in your own home or office. In a remote or Zoom deposition, you...
Hello to all of you! We hope that you continue to stay safe and well. As we all try and stay safe in this environment of COVID-19, we realize that taking in-person depositions is made difficult by the social distancing requirements. Cady Reporting would like to make...
Credit: Ghidotti Communications Cady Reporting is pleased to announce their remote deposition services. Remote depositions allow attorneys and their entire legal teams to meet "face-to-face" without leaving the comfort and safety of their home. Clients can share...